If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (256) 340-1541

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration


House Fire caused by dryer

This house fire we were dispatched to was the result of a faulty dryer in a rental house. The heat from the dryer fire was so intense that the entire house had to be gutted down to the studs. Once the insulation, drywall, and flooring were removed, we cleaned the studs and prepared the home for our construction team (ProBuild Construction) to take over and put everything back to how it was before. One of the main problems with laundry room house fires like this is getting the smoke smell out. For deodorization, we use a thermal fog machine that puts out a hot deodorizing fog that gets into all of the pores of the building materials. In most cases, this process will leave the home smelling fresh and eliminate all of the odors from the smoke and soot. If your home catches fire, call the pros at SERVPRO of Decatur at 256-340-1541.