What you need to know about mold
Our SERVPRO of Decatur website gives some neat facts about mold that you may have not known
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth.
If you have mold in your home, it is nothing to be embarrassed about, however it does need to be addressed and looked at if you question your well-being and your home being negatively affected by it. Call SERVPRO of Decatur today and we will glad to assess any mold damage that you may suspect. (256) 340-1541.