Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Here at SERVPRO, we handle water damage claims every day and know that prompt action is required to prevent mold growth. Mold is more likely to spread when an environment has been subject to moisture for a long period of time. If your property has recently had a water damage, it is very important to remove all of the excess water and dry the structure promptly. If there is an ongoing moisture problem in the building, it is important to watch out for:
The presence of visible mold
Strong musty odors
Evidence of past moisture problems
If you see visible mold in your home or business, give us a call today at (256) 340-1541.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (256) 340-1541
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Decatur for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Decatur has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Laceys Springs
- Morgan City